modern church
 
     
 

Holy Cross Parish: About Us


Holy Cross Catholic Church is located in Bancroft, a small farming community located in northeast Nebraska. We fall under the jurisdiction of the Omaha Archdiocese.

 

At present there are 60 families registered at Holy Cross.

 

 

 

Click on the picture to learn more about our early years.
 

History:

The church was built in 1883. As the population increased, parishes were established until one pastor served St. Joseph's of Lyons and Holy Cross of Bancroft. From 1884 to 1917 the pastors in charge of St. Joseph's resided at Holy Cross.

 

 

The two parishes of Lyons and Holy Cross have shared the same pastors. They also shared a common cemetery, where many of the first members of the churches were buried.

 

Holy Cross Parish Council has started a general building fund for the much needed expansion of the Holy Cross Center.

 

Click on the picture of the Recreational Center to learn more about our current history.

 

 

 

 

 

later years of holy cross